29: Dating Apps and Mr. Emotionally Unavailable
- Gemma Gladstone
- June 3, 2021
Welcome to another episode of the Good Mood Clinic podcast! Meeting people is hard and dating can be tricky business. Almost everyone is using dating apps these days, regardless of age. However, navigating your way through those apps can be a daunting experience. It is often fraught with problems, especially in the beginning.
Many of us grapple with issues associated with online dating. Today, Gemma and Justine talk about the early stages of meeting and communicating with someone online, which is often a challenge with which many of their clients struggle. Be sure to tune in today to learn how to make it easier to find a loving partner.
- Justine talks about things that could add to the emotional roller coaster many people find themselves on in the early stages of dating someone.
- Justine talks about micro-decisions that could end up have a long-term impact.
- Schemas often tend to influence the decisions people make.
- Creating a profile on online dating apps that represents you appropriately.
- Choosing the right photos of yourself for your profile.
- Justine points out some choices you could make that could lead you to a dead-end on dating apps.
- Refining your screening process to better your chances of finding a good relationship.
- Some barriers that women tend to come up with that hinder their chances of meeting the right person.
- The first point of contact is crucial. Gemma points out some things you should be aware of at that stage.
- Justine shares an example of how something small could mean a lot.
Links and resources:
Email Gemma and Justine at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to reach out to us, raise a topic, or ask a question.
Check out our website for more information on our Red Flag Project.
Check out what’s new on our Learning Hub.
Reinventing Your Life by Jeffrey Young
Love Me Don’t Leave Me by Michelle Skeen
Breaking Negative Relationship Patterns by Bruce A. Stevens and Eckhard Roediger