In this episode Gemma discusses the importance of having our core emotional needs met adequately in early life. What are these needs and what can happen if our parents/primary attachment figures do not meet our needs on a regular basis. Gemma discusses some of the psychological consequences and Schemasthat can develop as a result.
● safety, stability & predictability
● secure, loving, nurturing bond (warmth, validation, ‘being seen’)
● autonomy & growing independence
● expression of emotions, needs, thoughts (allowance of authenticity)
● spontaneity, creativity & play
● realistic limits, self-discipline, impulse control