Last week, our Red Flag Project went out, and what we talk about in today’s podcast is related to that. We will be talking about the pleasures and pitfalls of online dating today. The dating process can be hard for some women to live through. It can be quite an emotional rollercoaster, and it can also trigger lots of schemas.
The world of online dating is the way to go right now. However, people looking for partners are doing something hard because they have to maintain a state of hopefulness and willingness. And they need to face date after date, week after week, trying to find what feels like a needle in a haystack because it is not easy to find a guy who is a good match and who can give a woman what she wants. Some women come across all kinds of problems and difficulties in themselves, and the guys they meet could also make it difficult for various reasons. That makes it very hard at times to maintain your emotional equilibrium. Be sure to stay tuned today to learn how to avoid some of the pitfalls in the current world of online dating.
Much of what we talk about today pertains to both men and women. However, this podcast is geared mainly towards women to follow our Red Flag course.
- There is often a pattern where women start off feeling optimistic, put themselves out there, and run strategies but end up feeling burnt out and hopeless.
- People are often in a situation with online dating where they get forced to make a quick choice with very little data.
- It is easy to fall into the trap of thinking about what will attract a guy when selecting a photo of yourself for a dating app.
- Gemma and Justine discuss an article they read about a study on the difference in importance for men and women of photos versus the profile on dating apps.
- You will never really know what someone is like until you actually meet them.
- The best kind of pictures to use of yourself on dating apps.
- The kinds of schema-triggers that women tend to experience when they are dating online.
- Having a support system is helpful if you have an abandonment schema and you are doing online dating.
- Gemma shares her experience of online dating.
- With online dating, the only way out is through. That is good for your personal development.
- The patterns that Gemma noticed with the kind of men she was attracting.
- Why you need to question it if you think you have a type.
- The number one thing that men and women look for in a partner.
- It is not easy to meet someone, but persistence pays off.
- Shifting away from schema chemistry.
- In the Red flag course, Justine goes through some tips for online dating in a lot more detail. You can check it out on our website.
- Some of the schemas that could get triggered when you are dating.
Links and resources:
Email Gemma and Justine at firstname.lastname@example.org